Alanya Sports Events
Alanya is a popular tourist spot. However, is the home of many international sports organizations. It is home to many sports events, from spring through autumn. This makes it the true Mediterranean sports capital. These events are well-suited to the climate of the city, which also has great training facilities. The city is home to many national teams that train there to improve their skills. There is something for everyone in Alanya, whether you are an amateur or professional athlete.
History of triathlon:
In 1991, the first triathlon took place in Alanya. It has hosted this event every year since. The airport is 35 km away and the venue is located close to the city center. The city offers beautiful weather and stunning surroundings, organizers say. The competition requires competitors to compete in three disciplines.
Types of triathlon:
Two triathlons are held in the city each year.
- The October triathlon is the most popular. The International Alanya Triathlon is part of the European Championship, which has over a thousand competitors. It includes 1.5km of swimming, 40km of cycling, and a 10km marathon. Short-distance races are available for different age groups. Participants compete for medals in the race, which is held on the streets around Alanya.
- The Rafting Triatholon, which combines mountain biking and rafting, is the second most popular event. The event attracts over 5,000 spectators from all over the globe and draws teams from all walks of life.
Organizers and volunteers:
With the support of the Turkish Triathlon Federation (TTFF) and volunteers from the local community, a triathlon is held in Alanya every year for more than three decades. Each year, it attracts around 400 athletes and 200 technical participants. The event is coordinated by the Turkish Triathlon Federation and the city’s municipal government. Triathlon teams will find plenty of accommodation and facilities in the city.
You can have fun and keep active by participating in water sports in Alanya. Alanya is a great place to practice water sports. Diving is one of the most loved water sports in the region. The Mediterranean has less amount of marine life to the Red Sea but it offers divers a more challenging environment. The area has 16 dive sites. It is a great adventure playground, with beautiful coastlines, craggy peaks and many forest and river canyons. Diving requires very few qualifications and is completely safe with experienced instructors.
Parasailing is another fun activity in Alanya. Parasailing, which is adrenaline-pumping activity, is offered at many locations around the city. Parasailing involves being towed by a boat and attached to a parachute. You will be able to fly high above the water once you have reached the surface.
Other water sports
There are many other water sports available in Alanya. Jet skiing, surfing, waterboarding, and water skiing are all available. You can also take a banana boat to the beach, which can accommodate up to 8 people. You will be thrown off the banana boat by its driver when shaking the boat. Even better, you can get a banana when you are on the water.
Another popular activity in Alanya is orienteering. This outdoor activity requires quick decision-making skills and strategic moves in specialized challenges. The goal of orienteering, is to find a target within a predetermined area. This sport is not only physically demanding, but also requires quick thinking and reasoning. In this activity, time is against you. Turkey has seen orienteering gain popularity over the past few years. This event has 36 categories and participants can be aged from 10 to 80.
Other important sports events
Events organized by sport organizations in Alanya are first-of-their kind in Turkey. These sports include:
- Beach volleyball: Alanya is now one of the major center for international beach volleyball. Every year, the International Beach Volleyball Championship is held on Cleopatra Beach by the city’s beach volleyball team. The municipality also erects portable stands for spectators. This event attracts teams from all around the globe.
- The Alanya Castle Race; is another popular event in Alanya. It follows a scenic course around the castle. The race requires a bicycle license, but amateur riders are welcome to participate.
- Mountain biking
- Street handball
- Beach handball
- Camel wrestling; is another very popular festival. The camels become more aggressive with each drop in temperature. A rope is used to keep the camels from biting each other, and a rope bearer is always on hand in case of emergency. The winner is the last standing one. It’s fun for all ages.